Who should use the choice board?
- Parents and teachers can use the choice board.
- All kids can benefit from having a clear set of choices.
- Kids with autism can have a hard time with “flexible thinking”
- “Flexible thinking” is a social skill that helps people move from one activity to the next (among other skills)
- If students tend to perseverate or get fixed on one activity, the choice board can be helpful!
How to use the choice board:
- Print out the choice board and laminate it.
- Use wet-erase markers (not dry erase) to write in choices.
- If the child can’t read yet, draw symbols or print out pictures and with Velcro, affix choices to the board.
- Decide with the child which choices are available.
If you want to download it check it out here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Flexible-Thinking-blank-choices-board-4934623
Thank you for reading,