This countdown visual is an example of how a visual can show the learner exactly how many items or tasks needs to be completed. Countdown visual supports can be used for any multi-step task.
How to use
- Print in full color on card stock. laminate and use velcro to help the numbers stay down when tasks are completed.
- Start with all five numbers showing. You can modify this if you only have a couple of tasks that need to be completed.
- Have the learners pre-determine what they want to work for.
- As pages of the homework are complete, have the learner put numbers down to count down.
- Eventually all of the numbers will be put down and the learner can earn their pre-determined reward.
Visual support for autism
Visual Support is one of the 27 Evidence Based Practices identified by the The National Professional Development Center for Autism Spectrum Disorder (NPCASD). https://autismpdc.fpg.unc.edu/national-professional-development-center-autism-spectrum-disorder
Please watch this video showing how to use this strategy to help complete homework…
He had five pages to complete so we started with all 5 tabs open.
Thank you for reading and following my blog and YouTube channel.
Countdown visual for help with homework
3 thoughts on “Countdown visual for help with homework”
Can you please advise me where I can purchase this fabulous resource?
Hi Louisa, I can’t seem to find this exact one but a very similar one can be found here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Countdown-Stoplight-Boards-Transition-Strategy-137565